Friday, February 27, 2015

UNEXPECTED COMPANY "THE DROP IN'S"

My latest," go to" accessory the past week has been my bird watching goggles. Tis True,  I have been entertaining a vast amount of Robin's and I am enthralled in their every motion. Like the spell bounding novel that you cannot tear your eyes from, they have me entranced in awe of their splendor.  The most Harmonious of ballads ever sung could not surpass their lyrics that speak to me and stir my heart. It goes beyond any words spoken, it transcends me to another place where I am roaming as in a field of the most aromatic, exquisite bouquets that are freely blowing in the liberating breeze of my thoughts and innermost desires. I find myself swaying in the meadow lost in the deliciousness of their chirps. My daughter ran to me in the house last week and was so excited, she squealed, "you MUST come quick to the front yard! Yes Mama, the Front Yard,(we normally feed the birds and such in our back yard) it sounds like the Enchanted Forest out front! You must come quick!" I dash to join her as we propel out of the doorway and as if we jumped down the Rabbit Hole as in the beloved Classic Novel, "Alice In Wonderland." It was like a dream. We found ourselves captivated, holding hands, mouths ever so slightly parted, barely breathing as feared to disrupt this massive  choir as they entranced us with their perfected melody. We have had more birds than I could count this year. I dare to put a number, but; when I tell you that my back yard joins a vast open area these Robin's have covered the ground as a large picnic blanket laid out for the masses. I gasp as my mind cannot register what I see or hear at times. Have you ever found yourself as this? Where you want to hit the freeze button of Time and just relish in the effervescence of the moment?


 I use this example of these birds because it had me start studying on the word Migrate and found it's meaning to be - move from one place to another, sometimes seasonally. The word move is what was illuminated to me. Oddly enough here are some quips that I saved recently, let me share, "Knowing your destination makes the journey possible." "Some may succeed because they were destined to, but most succeed because they were determined to." "Never give up on a dream because of the time it will take to accomplish it.The time will pass anyway." All of these show some type of movement. The Wonderment Of Life here is how our lives are made up of Seasons. Mandatory seasons we must embark on in order to arrive at our Dreams and Pursuits, furthermore, mere survival of our existing lives. Sometimes the season is not welcomed by us because we have found ourselves somewhat content even though not being true to our innermost desires, we know this is not our spot but sometimes we are not wanting to exert what it takes to venture forth. I feel this is commonly found in those whose dreams never came true...


Today, I awoke to find that these Robin's have moved on. Just as unexpected their arrival was so do I find myself with their departure. As I peer outside with my cup of coffee, no longer do I see the vast array of birds that sauntered in my yard. I find myself missing them...something lacks within me that perhaps I hadn't allowed myself to entertain before their arrival? I now miss them which I barely grew accustomed to before, I gape at the difference in my yard. The sounds are different... how do we effect those around us as we migrate through our stages of our own lives? As we move towards conquering those lofty yearnings from deep within, just as with the Robin's, there often comes opposition. For us at times it is the nay sayers; which oddly enough is sometimes ourselves! The doubts and insecurities seem to crouch in and try to choke out the enthusiasm needed to defend our cause. For the Robins, one of the things I saw were the number of Hawks that were circling my yard sometimes looking as if working as a team to subside their hungry longings. Being acutely aware is crucial if we want to succeed. I am certain I was not the only old lady buying worms from the bird store and tossing out blueberries and strawberries to help nourish and empower these feathered friends to sustain them on their journey. So it is in our own lives. How many times have we missed opportunities to reach out and say the apt word that is needed to be spoken, or deed done to that one you may or may not know what they are facing? Ole Zig Ziegler shared powerful stuff when he said,  "You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Rock on. Be that Super Star your inner celebrity knew it was acclaimed for. Put that Spotlight on those around you today and buckle up to see what the Reviews will say.

No comments:

Post a Comment