Thursday, January 18, 2018

WISH UPON A STAR

This week we remembered Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.  in all of his accomplishments, exhortations, inspiring words and philosophy.
All because, this great man had a Dream. Overcoming Doubts and Fears his life is still impacting and encouraging us all to dare to Dream. I find it extremely ironic that often times when people refer to "Dreamers" they inject notions such as they have their heads in the clouds or flighty.  In  Dreaming I would say that this is a very accurate statement only difference is to be effective, your core needs to be anchored by the weighty roots of your very being - your Heart.  As in a match of dodge ball you have to be able to move, swerve and contort yourself. If you are too rigid and lack the fluid movement of being loose and limber you will be eliminated way before your time. Dreamers have mental agility from rigorous mental training. For instance, MLK was quoted with so many phenomenal nuggets that were born in the hardships of enduring to see his Dreams come true. Such stamina is exerted when we are Dream chasing.  It is empowerment injected within your very soul that sings out like that song in the Night that Morning is coming. I love this quote he said, "Only in the Darkness can you see the stars." My mind carries me away with being in a country field away from the city lights. Darkness veils the night as you cannot see your hand in front of your face only sensing that something is near. Oftentimes this is the same in persuit of our Dreams nothing in sight only the sense that it is near. Recently, I found myself looking for the stars, literally. Self doubt, fear and fatigue all covered me like heavy blankets weighing down my spirits. I went in search of truth, debating if perhaps I were desiring too much. Perhaps I should simmer down and find contentment within the boarders I was now residing. With a picnic packed with the elements fitting for a very cold night I held my cup of toddy closely to my body as if embracing not only the warmth but the soothing aroma. I laid back on the hood of the truck and drank in the Beauty that not only surprised me but it engulfed my being with the sky so full of stars shining brighter than that of the most rare diamond. The snap of the cold air and the sounds of nature at nighttime worked harmoniously in having the stars of the show take the stage. 

I let the outside elements woo me as liken to flirtacious and playful banterings and in a moment I had fallen in love. In love with not only my Dream(s) but the dark moment that when I thought to give up or settle instead I was being lured to defend my Dream as if standing up for the honor of it. I realized the fortitude I needed to suffice my uncertainty would be found in the connection of it mattering. The no matter what type of matter. Vowing my commitment because it was the wick that sustained my flame and fire. I was enticed to persevere all because it mattered to my soul. It is where the spotlight shines when I measure it within the boundaries of my faith and roots. Throwing out the hypothetical tape measure by attempting to tailor fit my very being liken to those around me. Unleashing the vibrance of my innermost desires to soar as a bird takes flight that had been entangled and unable to fly.  Calling to mind yet another one of MLK's power punches of inspiration. "Our Lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things that Matter." Right then and there I connected where only before I felt garbled, scattered, confused and ready to quit. It was if my plug had been united with that of the extension cord or socket and instantly I had power.  I saw on Twitter yesterday a video clip where a Gentleman got out of his car to give a homeless man on the side of the road his coat. It gets better. They hugged one another as he put it on him. It was such a beautiful act of humanity and of what mattered to this man. Thus inspiring me from deep within as if to high five my very soul.  It mattered to him to follow his heart and it impacted all who have been fortunate enough to view it. It was heartfelt and soulful. Most importantly imagine the surge of Hope it injected into that homeless man. You see these are the very examples of it only takes one to make a difference or the beloved song from our childhood, it only takes a spark. If it matters, you will find a way I read earlier on someone's post. I wholeheartedly agree. I was researching the science on matter and it's definement as a whole. I was searching as intently as when a dog is on the hunt for what it smells and has him spellbound sniffing so agressively we can hear it. 



Think for a moment, pretend you too are sitting on top of your truck. Cold windshield behind you as you gaze into the stars that are always there, just for most of us within the city limits they are overshadowed by the lights of other things. They are always there. Just as magically bright. Our Dreams of what matters are shining deep within us.  In moments when we abandon all restrictions and allow our soul to run free after our Heart; the power of passion is unleashed. Anyone who has ever built or reconstructed a House knows that those blueprints were never in stone as in the dodgeball analogy you have to be able to tweak and revise. Vowing that even though the blueprints are not quite as precise as hoped for we will forge on. Another quote from the one and only; “Faith is taking the first step even when you can't see the whole staircase.”  The Wonderment of Life here is another one of MLK's quotes; “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” I can imagine the thoughts that swirled in that gentleman's mind to not get out of his car and do what unctioned him to do such an awe inspiring act. Fervency overcomes me when I see someone who is free to be themselves and embraces what matters most to them against any odd; against all odds. The one who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The one who walks alone is likely to find themselves in places no one has ever been before -Albert Einstein. Here is something from someone I follow on Instagram. She too was moved with such passion from the movie The Greatest Showman. We all have been given the ultimate gift of Living and building, designing custom fit our Life may we inspire all those around us as we chase our Dreams even when we have to dodge.  xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment