Tuesday, January 9, 2018

PASSION PROJECT

Life is full of Wonder. That statement could complete the synopsis of my entire point of this blog in general; especially this one as I am writing it. Looking at this picture it makes me smile from the depths of my soul, it is from my sofa in my Living Room. Even when I am alone my heart is full of memories shared here and instantly it comes to life. I reflect on the word life here titling Chapter 1 of 12 of 2018. Mulling over this word my heart grasps the defining portion of the following, a way or manner of living. This bottle of wine we were discussing with friends at Dinner the other evening is a fascinating must have. Phenomenal gifting choice and Host or Hostess gift. My friends were showing us this app that goes with this wine and there are different bottles and criminals where when you place your phone in front of the label they come to life to tell their story. Fascinating presentation takes gifting to an entirely different level as the price is very friendly and it yields more than meets the eye... and palate. I liken this to Life itself and how every single second of every single day we too can yield more than meets the eye inspiring not only our very own soul but impacting others around us. With this being the beginning of a New Year, slate is swiped clean so to speak and we all have a new found confidence or added doses to our existing amount to where we are able to do much and accomplish even more. Notice in the picture several candles are lit and my fire has been started. However if you look closely if you did not already notice, my fire has yet to ignite and be all that it was designed to be and do. The gas is going and I see my logs turning red hot but the flames have not displayed the dazzling blaze I desired. Blaze defined is intensely burning fire. I am drawn to the adjective intensely here as it is something full force and not stopped at half way. 

The thing about this picture at the top are the moments that were behind this snapshot of time. My Daughter was sick with a fever and we were the three bears except there were two. She would sleep and sweat her fever off. When she awoke, I would have her fresh clean clothes to change into. Then as a doorman in disguise, I would usher her to a dreamy plush new surrounding  with delightful smelling linens where I had already lit candles before I got her so they filled the air with highly pleasing aromas where if only for a moment she forgot she was sick. I must have changed linens just shy of a half a dozen times this day. It was an honor to change them each time in spite of normally not being very fond of this task because I knew how this would make her feel. As any of you know when you have a sick one in the House it is fruit basket turnover. I must have climbed those stairs enough to count it a workout smiling as my foot went in front of the other. Knowing that whatever she was now requesting ever so great or small was my part in flaming her fire to ignite and feel better. You see by the time I was able to have a mere moment to myself I fell onto the sofa drained but eager to watch my awards show I had recorded because I was busy with her when it came on. I looked around my surroundings that are engraved upon my Soul searching for encouragement. In my mind I envisioned myself with an empty glass holding it high in the air imagining as if there were a butler to fill that emptiness to satisfy not only my thirst but my being. Interrupting my mirage jolting me back as if a herald loudly announced the proclamation reminding my being that this is Home and it is my Oasis from which I draw. In a moment as if shot with a B12 I was on my feet lighting those candles and starting a fire to suffice my weariness as in rewarding myself for my efforts. Realizing as I struck the match and it made that unforgettable sound as it came to life inhaling that distinct smell that this is a metaphor of us in our pursuit of our Dreams, Resolutions and Goals. 

Often times we get weary and grow sluggish needing our flames to be ignited or stirred up to unleash our enthusiasm. As awoken from a deep slumber rested and vibrant we are gallant as we arise to conquor. Often times we look everywhere but within for the fuel to cause our flames to burn fervently. As if the "something more" is the answer when Gratitude shines the light on the power we already possess. Think of it as being Clark Kent jumping into the telephone booth being transformed. Often times we overlook the ordinary within our midst when it is indeed the extraordinary! After appreciating and embracing within my here and now my telephone rang and it was one of my beautiful, dear girlfriends who was at Dinner the night before. She said she was dropping off a happy on my doorstep all the while not knowing that my Daughter was sick and how daunting my day had been and what impeccable timing she had. As you can imagine much to my delight when it was indeed that wine! Her reacting to that which pricked her heart to do for me maybe she thought not a big deal; resulted in a vigorous brand new woman who then found the fortitude to not only embark on another day in what felt like forever in the land of fever but to overachieve in loving my Daughter back to health with all the extras I could muster up. I believe it starts within the realm of our Hearts that our Dreams are born and as in tilling up the land, we are ready to plant our seed of a dream and then shower it with the necessary variables of life needed for not only growth but the manifestation of what was toiled after. 

I posted on Facebook last week about being blown away from the Movie Musical, The Greatest Showman. I cried from the very beginning to the very end. I went the next day to see it again with a girlfriend to see it for her second time as well. Not only inspired again I picked up on things perhaps missed the first. All ages are being inspired by it. I was playing the soundtrack over the weekend in my car and the entire fully loaded car broke out singing and attesting that this is the Best movie. I marved at how much it effected them and these songs and they are seventh and eighth graders telling of how they cried throughout the show and how moved they were. My Daughter and I went the first time seeing this together. The Theatre was packed all ages it was awe inspiring to see grown men even the elderly that I sat by and witnessed to be so incredibly moved. Most everyone stood and applauded when it was over.  It is because our Dreams are real. Life is the greatest show. We were destined for a unique purpose within these moments called life and only we can declare how far we will go and the measure by which we will be affected. It ignited within me that this message is incredibly needed and the uniting of one another is more than cruical to achieving that which we dream. My evening was made spectacular by the thoughtfulness of my loving friend. By her kind gesture fueled by her love and showing of support of Me and who I am, it allowed me to be all that I dreamed of being for my Daughter. Of being more than she anticipated. In turn I was able to pay it forward for another when they have been weary knowing how invaluable the simplist of act can mean. Uniting together as if a force field that brings not only something for ourselves but it continues to thrive as it is given again and again as in the domino effect.  I will be mindful as I journey not only in this year but forevermore how everyone is incredibly special and dreaming their own dreams. Furthermore, the importance of what truly matters for that is what Dreams are made of. The Wonderment Of Life is when we value the here and now absorbing this very moment as the air that we breathe we fully experience life as custom fit to our own unique manner of living. I leave with you a beautfiul well known quote that I believe the people she speaks of are metaphors of life moments and one of the best music videos I have posted that too was shared with me by a friend. xoxo

Yvonne Pierre wrote the following:
“For every person who closed the door in my face, thank you. For every person who told me I wasn't good enough, thank you. For every person who laughed and told me that I was wasting my time going to college, because I was going to fail, thank you. For every person who tried to break me, thank you. For every person who took my kindness for weakness, thank you. For every person who told me I was wasting time chasing my dreams because I would fail, thank you. It could of broke me. From the core of my heart, I thank you. I truly mean it, because if it weren't for each of you I wouldn't be who I am today. I wouldn't of spend hours and loss sleep studying. I wouldn't developed tough skin. You pushed me to think about what I "really" want out of life. You pushed me to master my craft. You helped me develop the drive, passion and determination. You pushed me to not wait for someone to believe in my vision, but to find a way to make things happen. I know you didn't "intend" to, but I thank you for teaching me to believe in myself! AND you taught me to TRUST in God and lean on my faith, not man. Thank You!” 





No comments:

Post a Comment