Thursday, March 2, 2017

NO PARKING ON THE DANCE FLOOR


"Without leaps of imagination, or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities. Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning." -Gloria Steinem I read this the other day and it was like I was back in Italy ordering myself an espresso for that much needed  jolt that all the Italians were doing constantly. The key words to me are imagination, excitement and planning in that statement and cause my heart to flutter with adrenaline rushing through my veins of a mighty river rushing down the banks over the rocks and boulders the noise of the waters are intense and resounding. That is my prayer that I move with such intensity following my Passion and heartfelt excitement that it deafens all doubt and disbelief. I have realized recently that an enormous buzz kill in my pursuit of possibilities was due in part by me and embracing the Procrastination that caused those waters to screech to a sudden slowdown that caused the waters to lag, barely trickling down, dawdling the banks and often times not have the velocity to soar over the rocks and boulders...ever happen to you?  Often times we go through our day and give no real substance or thought to our actions we just execute. I feel this is the most crucial mistake when we are executing our Dreams you see following suit or doing what we have always done is just repetition. Whether in our jobs, relationships or with our home, we need to step back reminding ourselves of our dreams and change... well, quite frankly ourselves. Stop and think for a moment, how much of what you do is simply because you have always done it this way? It is elementary in fact when you think about it, my background is sales so thus the weekly sales meetings, the sales conventions and constant training, after business hours meetings, all were critical tools in constantly redefining me and allowing me to do my job in hopes of soaring to new heights. Isn't that what life is about anyway? 

I fell asleep last night with a smile on my face proud of my day that exceeded my expectations and it was before 8pm! It was just one of those kicking days that you rocked it out of the park as if a runner on a track facing those hurdles head on and executing beautifully. There is a technique that is desirable to accomplish efficient hurdling action during a race. Many runners rely mainly on raw speed, but proper technique and well-planned steps leading up to and between each hurdle can allow an efficient hurdler to outrun faster opponents. Generally, the efficient hurdler spends the minimum amount of time and energy going vertically over the hurdle, thus achieving maximum speed in the horizontal race direction down the track. This is so relevant of us as we strive to achieve our dreams and as life will always present the hurdles, I had to giggle that although thankfully since I am not competitive I was racing no one but myself but I realized how I was loitering around my hurdles thus losing that zing of excitement and panache for imagination. I absolutely detested it and I couldn't fathom as to why for aspects seemed nice as it was becoming all too familiar and comfortable but I was miserable and bored but once realizing that without my excitement for imagination I would be stuck here. Charles Darwin was quoted as saying;“It is not the strongest of the species that survive, not the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.” 

My Daughter and I watched a surprisingly incredible movie, I thought it to be sci fi which I normally detest but it wasn't at all. It was riveting, emotional, enjoyable so much that you would giggle throughout and even one of the best soundtracks I have heard in ages. It is called The Martian starring Matt Damon and I highly recommend it if you haven't yet seen it. Holy Smokes this fella defied all odds constantly and had that zest for life and immersed in imagination and dreams, therefore,  his dreams produced effective planning and replanning again and again. He lived out that beginning quote sequentially. Such a great lesson on Life and I used this to instill in my Daughter allowing it to resonate in me as well basking in the depths of all it brought me. This fella never lost his Trump factor, and may it be said of us too as this quote; “There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.” This my friends is The Wonderment Of Life. 









No comments:

Post a Comment