Tuesday, November 22, 2016

MY MAYFLOWER

This is something I have in my Kitchen all year round. It is my Anthem, it is the Standard in which I am desperately trying to raise my Daughter by. I delight in one word sentences,(notice the period) I am a wordy person normally so when something can be summed up in just one word it is like a windstorm to my Soul. John F. Kennedy expressed it eloquently when he said, “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” I am not a big Thanksgiving fan, never really have been. I have always found myself since High School either Downtown feeding the Homeless or less fortunate, even when often times I fit that less fortunate bill, or at a Nursing Home giving to the elderly and visiting with them as they ate as often times no one came to sit with them. The Spirit of Gratitude is something we should allow to resonate within our being. The Golden Rule on an Adult level if you will; putting others first, sometimes lighting their own fire so that not only are they encouraged but in turn they themselves will show the same to another ."At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us." Albert Schweitzer


 To me when I am operating in the Spirit of Gratitude I feel my innermost parts begin to swell and surge forth from deep within so that therefore my actions and mere words are fueled with such intensity that not only do I feel it but delight as it is imparted into another. To give with such depth is one of the most incredible Wonderments of Life because often times, most do not allow it to permeate their beings. I love this quote, "Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it." William Arthur Ward. It is something we should be mindful of and practice if you will. I read that if you only prayed one prayer it should be that of Gratitude. Amen.
"Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world." John Milton

In order to obtain those Dreams that burn within our beings, I cannot fathom seizing them without the Gift of Gratitude. I believe it is the underlying Depth and Strength needed in order to achieve our truest selves. Life is overridden with obstacles and daunting challenges, however;through Gratitude we dare to do and feel the impossible and experience the savoring flavor of Life we were created to sit and dine and enjoy at every meal. Why do we allow ourselves to drift through Life haphazardly swatting at our Dreams when we could bask in the Crescendo of the Moment? "Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend." Melody Beattie


In these Thanksgiving Moments allow yourself to take note of all the Wonderments of Life around you that you are indeed Grateful for.  Bask in the beauty of Feeling the overwhelming sensation of Gratitude; and allow it to alter and change your mindset you will be pleasantly surprised with Gratitude you can put away the Rose Colored Glasses. I leave with you one of my most treasured songs, in my Home we Celebrate everyday moments allow me to share one of my favorites. This song along with other lullaby's would be played as my Daughter would go off to sleep and as young as a toddler, she would not want me to go out and alas sometimes bedtime would go longer than I anticipated as any of you parents can relate; however, anytime or every time this song would come on the mischievous smile that I knew all too well would appear on her face if I wasn't still laying with her perhaps I am hitting the door to walk out and that smile would sear my back as lightening had struck me and as I turned around she would be untucked, standing on the edge of her bed and waiting with arms stretched out beaming with all the overwhelming emotion words fail to describe and we would Dance. Oh how Thankful I took those extra two minutes with her and we still to this day will do so. Happy Thanksgiving for This is The Wonderment Of Life. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDrzKBF6gDU




No comments:

Post a Comment