Thursday, December 7, 2017

PRANCE AND DANCE


Sitting on the floor of my attic drinking in the Christmas decorations that surround me, savoring as a fine wine as if I am swirling my glass then inhaling, indulging in the aroma of the wine then sipping, allowing it to slip through my lips swirling in my mouth noting the body and bouquet,  determining if it is more complexed or is there that sense of elegance and completeness which is the hallmark of a great wine calling it balanced. I gaze over all these decorations allowing them to speak to me to inspire my being as to how to showcase them; deciding what will make the cut this year and what will I leave stored. With my Daughter an official teenager next month I have a growing portion that she has undoubtably outgrown, I feel my heart tingle as I pick up a few and as if the doorman ushered me into the days of old it is liken to a slideshow playing in my mind my chest warms and the tears well up as I smile from deep within my being. Reflecting not only of my Daughter's Christmases but of my own as well as this time of year for in my world you have Jesus' Birthday, Santa Claus, Mom, my Daughter and my two Grandmother's. Gran was the epitomy of Christmas Magic in live form. These Grandparents of mine lived away, so we didn't get to see them often but when you did they were filled with moments to last a lifetime. I believe it is predominantly because of her Heart. She wore it out there on her sleeve loud and proud. She was a tiny little woman short and weighing about eighty five pounds and truly a gift to me in every way. She poured herself into me from baking with me to marathon telephone talks since I was a toddler, to letters by the truckload writing me stories of her daily things that came to mind drawing me into her world with every letter drawn. Wooing me with her playful spunky personality she made the mondane extraordinary. 

Gran's letters were mostly of walking to the market with one of her Sisters and her daily routines that filled her day but she was taking me with her all the while unbeknowst to me, she was pouring into me that desire to write because of my escapades with her through her letters. Distance was no longer an issue instantly we were drawn together in the most beautiful of ways; from our Hearts as she was sharing with me what is my greatest passion today, my Home. Not to be confused with my House, and although I love my House dearly; Home is my Heart. Gran beautifully lived out the saying, Home is where the Heart is. She was Home to me and still is today. My Daughter and I now make ornaments like Gran used to and I bake in excess having all night baking sessions dancing and singing in the kitchen and I know Gran is in every move I make. Growing up I cannot recall one Christmas present I ever received from her purchased, but she is Christmas to me and fuels my passion of this Season beckoning as she whispers within the smallest of things for they became mighty as they were fueled with all her Soul. We would receive care packages from Gran at Christmas, filled with canned pickles, jams, jellies, candies, cookies, homemade dolls and ornaments and the like of these things.  The value on her carepackages were immense and still hold high as the best gifting. At Christmas we can easily lose our way if we are not careful as in daily life itself and miss the treasure of the moment by being real and authentic while moving by the very rhythm of our own heartbeat and impact others as my Gran. 


Notice in these pictures both Gran and my Mom have their eyes on us in every picture and I find myself noting they are on either side of us, surrounding us as if by design.  They were honed in like my favorite song by Chase Rice, "Eyes on You" channeling their very souls pouring out as that fine blended wine. "I was waiting on something exceptional," is one of my favorite lines in a beloved movie.  Exceptional defined is surpassing what is common, usual or expected.  We have just a few more weeks in Chapter Twelve of the Year 2017. There is still time to dust off those Resolutions and Dreams that were inside of you around this time last year and undoubtably a few new ones. What a gift for yourself to reflect and revamp where needed. As we beautify our Homes with the glow of lights and beloved smells of the best time of the year,allow yourself to drift back to the days of old and see just what life has taught you. Moreover, what people have taught you and shaped your being without realizing you were even under construction.  The Wonderment of Life is  realizing that the exceptional are moments intensified with our very being exuding such raw and undeniable realness that transforms the common into the uncommon. People are our greatest gifts and I believe that everyone is placed purposefully in our paths liken to the journey to Oz. Dorothy while following her Dream came across the others not by mere chance. These days are full of wonder and Magic they are in all of the songs, the movies, it is the twinkle in the eye of every one you meet. My Grandmother's taught me that Christmas Magic lives way beyond childhood and they lived it out until their final days and shared with us their families the best present to believe and relish in Christmas Magic. 

I will share about my Grannie next blog irronically polar opposite but perfection implored as they graced my life and gave me the gift that keeps on giving for a lifetime. We would alternate Christmas with the each of them and today my Christmas season is intertwined with the beauty of the both of these souls. As you sit by your fire and bask in the beauty of this Season, take a trip within your own soul and unleash that force within you that was designed to run free full of meaning to be felt. What is it you truly want to feel and see this Christmas? As I always say this time of year, anything is possible if you believe....  Turn this song up to ten, I guarantee you will be dancing and showering those all around you with your own magic... the perfect gift, your very heart and soul.
                                Merry Merry xoxo









No comments:

Post a Comment